- WHO: Traditional Medicare patients 65+
- WHAT: Type of office visit
- WHERE: PCP office
- WHEN: Annually
- WHY: It drives attribution and captures preventative measures to keep our patients healthy. It is also a covered service by Medicare and is therefore FREE to the patient.
- Medical Assistants and Care Coordinators can complete most of the visit, providers have more time with the patient!
- A wellness visit is the perfect time to address healthy habits such as diet and exercise especially in those patients whose BMI is above the normal range.
- Annual Wellness Visits are a great time to review and update the problem list for accuracy
Annual wellness visits use following codes:
- G0402 – Welcome to Medicare Visit
- G0438 – Initial Annual Wellness Visit
- G0439 – Subsequent Annual Wellness Visit
Additional E&M code may be billed with